Equal opportunity to succeed, what is so wrong?
Posted by: lsek
This world is not fair. Some are born beautiful, while others lacking. Some are gifted with intelligence, while others struggle to stay abreast in class and everything else.
However, not all are lost, the only key factor in achieving success is through determination, and perseverance, while upholding our morality and belief.
Alas, a doctor-turn-politician once said that, "certain race is disadvantaged due to their genes". He argued that it's difficult for these people to compete with other races, due to this genetic setback. However, this doctor failed to realize miserably that genetics played little role in deciding SUCCESS nor FAILURE. This is because, there are other factors such as the environmental factor, as well as character/behavior of the person (or choices) that played equal role in determining a person's achievement. Success and failure are really our choice, and these choices controlled our gene expression. The mechanism has a name for it, called EPIGENETICS. So, being LAZY and NAUGHTY is not merely a GENETIC defect. It is more accurately, how we decide to become.
A twin who shares 100% identical genetic material DON'T SHARE the same characteristics and achievements. Why? The answer is EPIGENETICS.
So, to blame gene for failure is really a-personal-choice-to-be-STUPID.
To be successful in BUSINESS is not imbued in a gene either. No single race is born to be RICH and SUCCESSFUL (unless your father is rich). It is dependent on hardwork, as well as business acumen in grabbing opportunity, as well as opening opportunity for yourself. Many risk and failures had not been documented, BUT once a SUCCESS is achieved, people tend to resent these people (which reflected their own failure, I guess). Why is it so? Human nature?
In Malaysia, are we lacking equal opportunity to succeed? Why are there argument and harping of these issues by politicians without highlighting the most important issue at hand... which is to answer this, "ARE WE LACKING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED"?
Is it possible to even implement a QUOTA SYSTEM on human character, attitude and bahaviour? Well, I'm mentioning this because they are the real cause for SUCCESS in business. I can't imaging the government making a statement, "we will implement quota on hardworking, as well as, resourcefulness of certain people so that the other lazy bums will catch up".
No offense, but I think that's not the solution. My recommendation is:
(1) Ask, if there is equal opportunity in Malaysia. If there is lacking, how to correct it? Are there selective approval of business registration, training, as well as bank loan?
(2) Equal opportunity above, don't include MARKET SHARE of the business (and also the resourcefulness or innovativeness of a business). That depends on individual characteristics, e.g. if we are lazy and uncommitted, DREAM ON-lah!
(3) LEARN from mistakeS, start FAIR-DEAL cooperation/collaboration with other people and STOP the blaming game.
(4) Don't impose a pre-requisite for DUMMY directors just to grab a SHARE from other people's hardwork. You have to earn it! Government intervention don't help a bit. Such silly thing can only happen in Malaysia. Try implement it oversea and you get bashed up for good.
(5) Not all Malaysians can be a BOSS. If all are BOSSES/Taukeys, then, no one will work on the machinery and soon, you will have to clean up your own crap.
(6) Listen to the people. They are never wrong. Don't appoint stupid politicians or racist dudes to speak for the people. Listen to us for crying out loud. We are the majority, aren't we??? Statistically speaking, we should be RIGHT considering our numbers and collective intelligence.
Just a thought.